Where to Connect Target Audience that will Convert Massively
Every day, millions of ads are being run by different companies all aimed at closing sales. The intention of those ads is for it to reach their target audience and convert massively. Every marketing campaign is made to generate huge return on investment.
There are some companies that spend thousands of dollars everyday running ads and end up making about 800% return on investment. This is the goal of every ad out there, to generate leads that will convert to sales.
To have a successful marketing campaign, the first thing to ensure is that your ads are reaching the right audience. If you just run ads without targeting it to a specific people, you will end up wasting resources.
This article provides necessary steps to mapping out your audience and thus give you idea of where to find them.
Steps to Convert a Lead-Best Practices
Before running ads, you need to conduct research extensively, to figure out where your specific audience are, who they are, what they do, what they like, what they do often and what appeals to them.
Now this is where social media and Google comes to play, people spend almost 90% percent of their time on social platforms or on Google doing one thing or the other. Google is able to record specific data about each individual that uses their utilities and uses this data to recommend specific ads and services to its users.
Making use of this, you can curate a successful marketing campaign and a customer profile.
Below are steps you can use to gather information about prospective clients.
- Create a poll on social media. On your account, you can create a pool asking for user data specific related questions and brand specific related questions to users.
- Create a Google survey form. You can also use form to gather information from people everywhere and use it as a reference while creating your ads.
- Competitors wall. Identifying your competitor and looking at the people who use their products is a very good way to get information on prospect users. It is also a good way to make your brand unique by identifying weak points in their product or services and improving on them.
Some questions you need to ask to build up a good user profile:
- What type of brand (the same product you have) does the prospect use and why?
- Where was the first place they heard or saw the product?
- How old are they?
- What is their budget?
- Where do they spend most of their time?
- What made them stick to the product?
- What places the product they use above others?
- What would make them use another brand?
- What are their interests and likes?
- What don’t they like about the particular products they use?
These questions and can help you gather enough information to run targeted ads.
2. Work on data
Once you have the data, get to work immediately. Draft a user and give him a name, status, location, activity and social platform, their income and what they enjoy.
With this data, you have clarity on what to do and how to go about it, where to find your target customers and how to write ad copy in a way that will appeal to them. Now transform that data into useful information that will be ready for use.
3. Get Organized
Once you have set out your user/customer profile, then the next thing to do is to write out an algorithm of steps to follow for your campaign.
For your first marketing campaign, documenting your process and stats can help you figures out how good or bad your ad performed. Document your decisions from the first step to the last step then watch the performance of those ads.
If the whole campaign is successful, then you now have an algorithm to follow for your upcoming campaigns. Doing this will help you to maximize your time for results.
A good example to illustrate this will be:
A marketing campaign for an ecommerce store;
- After collecting user information and stats….
- They were able to translate the data gotten from across the web to build a customer named Francis Nwokike.
- Their data contained country, age, best shopping site, preferences, hobbies, interests, monthly income, best shopping season etc.
- Then they wrote out specific keywords according to the search data from Francis Nwokike, added Negative keywords and built out a user-friendly landing page with a call-to-action.
- They also drafted an amazing ad copy (text, audio, visual) that will attract customers to click and make a purchase.
- Then they set out to where they can find other customers like Francis based on the information they already had.
The above is a very good way to document a campaign process; writing out clearly defined steps that is followed for a marketing campaign.
4. Run Target ads
The next most important step is to start your ads. When running ads, you have to make use of your customer profile information to target customers. Make use of keywords curated from your customer profile and also add negative keywords. Negative Keywords are simply keywords that users will never search for. Adding them to your keyword list will make your ad platform target your ad specifically to your audience. When running ads campaigns, make use of Pay Per Click/Cost Per Action ads to make sure you have a good return on investment.
You can run ads on Google, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, twitter depending on your customer profile.
5. Maintain Brand Quality
Once your campaign is gaining more confidence, build quality around your brand and sell your brand as the best. Carry your brand all over the place with confidence. Make it obvious to people that your brand is the best in what they do.
6. Build Trust
Once you have been able to maintain a good quality of product and service, you should then strive to build trust around your brand.
The way you can build this trust is by being consistent and having integrity. When you make it a point to show up, show up.
If you give a timeline to deliver, stick with it. Always make it a point to over deliver frequently. Share success stories of customers all over your brands timeline.
These are some practices that will help you build trust and gain loyal customers.
7. Excellent Customer Service
Always make it a point to have a good customer service and experience. Work on delivering the best service to your customers and they will reward you by being loyal to your brand.
Answer questions, calls, complaints and give compensations. Also be open to giving refunds if necessary because all these help in building up the integrity of your brand.
8. Encourage Positive Reviews from clients
When you have been able to satisfy a customer, always asking for positive feedback from them especially on social media. Ask for permission to share their feedbacks all over your social platforms.
When they don’t give feedbacks but you are sure you satisfied them, don’t be afraid to ask it from them. Also ask them for referrals promising a discount on any generated lead from them.
The steps above will help you identify target audience and convert them into loyal customers. Create user profile and use them to generate information that will help you target your audience and hook them with your product.